Please arrive on time for your appointment.
Appointments are given for the named person only; please do not ask for another member of the family to be seen during the same consultation as this will delay the doctor.
When booking, you may express preference for a GP but subject to availability, you may be offered an alternative GP or health professional
Booking Appointments Online - click here for information about registering for this service.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment. Appointments are given for the named person only, please do not ask for another member of the family to be seen during the same consultation as this will delay the doctor.
- When booking, you may express preference for a GP but subject to availability, you may be offered an alternative GP or health professional.
- Morning appointments are from 8.30 am, although earlier appointments are available on Monday, Tuesday and Friday on request.
- There are appointments with each doctor for people who have to arrive early at their place of work; we also have a small number of appointments at the end of the day for people who work.
- We always have urgent on the day appointments for patients who genuinely feel they have an urgent medical problem.
- You may be asked to speak to a doctor on the telephone first before a face to face appointment is offered.
- It may not be possible for an urgent appointment to be arranged with the doctor you usually see.
- If you think a doctor may be able to help you with a problem without you attending the surgery, you may book a ‘telephone consultation’. The reception staff will give you an approximate time for the doctor to telephone you (at present these are only available in the mornings). Please allow a little time each way, as it is not always easy to keep to time in a busy clinic. Please note: not all doctors have telephone appointments.
- Afternoon appointments, which are particularly useful for follow-up appointments can be booked several weeks ahead (we are currently working to extend our appointment calendar). Please try to avoid Mondays for follow up appointments, as it is our busiest day of the week.
- All nurses’ appointments can be booked two to three weeks ahead
Cancelling an appointment
Please notify the surgery as soon as possible if you are unable to make an appointment, so that the slot can be offered to someone else.
Cancelling Appointments Online
Extended hours appointments
Pulborough Medical Group offer extended surgery times. These early morning and late evening slots are for those patients who are unable to attend the surgery for a routine appointment during our existing opening hours.
If patients are having difficulty with transport to the surgery, we work closely with various transport agencies who will collect you from home:
Christine Lindsay, Email: Christine.email@example.com or telephone (mobile) 07591 258 409 between 09.00 and 17.00.
Make the most of your consultation time with the doctor
Health professionals will listen to your views and concerns and answer your questions, but they may have a limited amount of time. To make the most of your time with them, you could try the following:
- Write down any questions you have before you visit or phone
- Ask the most important questions first
- Ask about any terms or jargon you don't know
- Request a simple explanation if you don't understand what was said
- Write down the main points quickly afterwards as a reminder
- Phone or visit again if you have any other questions